Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The First Chapter

If you are reading this, then hopefully you will go beyond this brief introduction and continue reading my future posts. First off, I would like to introduce myself to you so that if you would like  to talk to me about a topic then you would know me some. My name is Meaghan Cady. I am seventeen years old and I just entered my senior year at Rickover Naval Academy this summer. I have two loving parents named Heather and Troy along with my 14-year old brother, Nicolas. We live in Chicago, Illinois where we attend Grace Evangelical Covenant Church. While my dad leads its children's ministry, I help with the kindergarten through 2nd grade class. I also go to youth group every Tuesday with Nicolas. My favorite activities are writing stories, watching movies or TV, listening to music, shopping with friends, and finally, reading.
Now on to my blog. Earlier this was about settling in Chicago ever since moving back from Spain, where my parents were Christian missionaries. After a while, though, I felt like I could do a little more with it than just talking about my life. So I then decided that instead of focusing on myself, I could go with a focus on God in our world today. I got this idea from my dad who launched a website called Playfull. When he asked me to write an essay that he could post for it, I wrote about how powerful words are in our society. Since then, I have been wanting to write more essays or entries like this, so I thought that I would re-create my blog for this purpose. When choosing a new title, I thought of every person's life as an individual story that was written by God and read by the people around us. The best part of these stories is that we also have a part in writing our stories through the choices we make in our journeys. With a look at the collection of people's individual stories, then we might be able to see God in the lives of this world, which is why I finally chose the title, "A Collection of Story Lives."
So far I'm not really sure which specific topics I'll write about yet, but hopefully God will show me exactly what he wants me to say. If you find this interesting so far, then I encourage you to leave suggestions for entries and bear with me as I find the time to post them. If you feel that this isn't for you, then I thank you for at least taking the time to read this and I hope that you will be blessed as you continue on your journey with God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment