Sunday, October 30, 2011

Return from Washington D.C. Trip

One of the organizations we worked with was "Food and Friends", who packages hot meals for poor families


A Visit in the Air and Space Museum

The Capitol

Inside the Dome of the Capitol

Washington National Cathedral

Front of Washington National Cathedral

Thomas Jefferson Memorial


Lincoln Memorial

Statue of Abraham Lincoln

We stopped by one some of the Smithsonian Museums

White House
We got to stay in this little cabin in West Virginia for the remainder of the trip

I apologize for the long wait on my report of my mission trip to Washington D.C. I understand that many of you have been anxious to hear how my trip went. I just want you to know that you have helped change a lot of lives in Washington D.C. with your financial and spiritual support. It was a wonderful experience. We did many wonderful things. When we were helping the community, we were working with little kids and packaging food and groceries for poor income families. We also managed to see great sites. We saw the Library of Congress, the state capital, the Washington National Cathedral, the White House, the the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the Washington Monument, the FDR Memorial, and the Lincoln Memorial. On Friday afternoon, we set out to stay in a cabin in the mountains of the beautiful West Virginia. We stayed there for the night and all day Saturday. On July 17th, I have returned from my trip in Washington D.C . We arrived back in Chicago at 10:00. It was a really great trip. I want to thank all of my supporters again for helping me pay for this trip. It was really worth going. Again thanks to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Meaghan,
    I love your blog! Your pictures of Washington are great. Keep posting

    ReplyDelete